[Mageia-dev] Some more new rpmlint warning on upload

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 18:23:10 CEST 2011

Op woensdag 27 juli 2011 15:50:58 schreef Christiaan Welvaart:
> On Wed, 27 Jul 2011, Maarten Vanraes wrote:
> > Op woensdag 27 juli 2011 14:10:06 schreef Michael Scherer:
> >> Le mercredi 27 juillet 2011 à 13:37 +0200, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> >> * no-url-tag
> >> while not blocking, I see no good reason for that.
> >
> > Well, i do have a package that does NOT have an url tag, for the simple
> > reason that i quickly wrote it myself, and there is no version control,
> > no homepage, no nothing, i wouldn't even know what url i should put into
> > it.
>
> So create a page for it on the wiki and use that for the URL tag.
>

>      Christiaan

well, that sounds nice, but i still would like some policies about such
software? what are the rules, do these packages have some kind of impact on
mageia itself? also, clearly not every such software could/would be allowed?

and further more, an url should have a fixed page preferably, so, perhaps wait
until the new wiki is there?