[Mageia-dev] Gnome-terminal under KDE+kwin

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jul 28 13:37:32 CEST 2011

Hmmm,

This is weird... It's maybe due to some new gnome thing, but as I can't
log in to gnome at present, I can't confirm. But if I start
gnome-terminal under KDE (konsole seriously sucks - it's impossible to
use screen with it for example as it doesn't update it's titles quickly
enough to see how many screen windows you have), then the window is
automatically resized... to about 3 lines high (same width). If I expand
it again and open a new tab within the window, the window is again
resized to ~3 lines high but it's also shrunk width wise too!!!

Does anyone else see this? Is it a KDE compositing/window management
thing or is gnome-terminal itself doing this strange thing (perhaps to
fit in with gnome 3 stuff in some other ways?)

Any thoughts appreciated!

mageia(at)colin.guthr.ie

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]