[Mageia-dev] Updates and 0 release

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Thu Jul 28 14:11:59 CEST 2011

Le jeudi 28 juillet 2011 13:02:26, Colin Guthrie a écrit :
> 'Twas brillig, and Samuel Verschelde at 28/07/11 09:08 did gyre and gimble:
> > We have updates blocked by this release 0 issue, so we need a quick
> > decision. I propose that if tomorrow nobody reacted against the
> > proposal, it will be adopted.
>
> Personally, I would vote to keep it the way it is with the 0 releases.
>
> I'm not convinced that any of the arguments represent real world problems.
>
> Col

Here is a question I got yesterday, which the proposal solves, but that's not
a very common issue and maybe the 0 releases way works with it too :

If we had imported it before mageia 1 was released, we would have had
cultivation-9-0.20071217.6.mga1 in mageia 1 (a pre-release).

Then suppose we want to update it to the final 9 release in both cauldron and
mageia 1 : we have cultivation-9-1.mga1 in cauldron. But what release should
we use in updates for mageia 1 ?

cultivation-9-0.1.mga1 doesn't work because cultivation-9-0.1.mga1 <
cultivation-9-0.20071217.6.mga1

Is there a way to do it right with a 0 release ?

Best regards

Samuel Verschelde