[Mageia-dev] Updates and 0 release

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Jul 29 10:38:27 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Samuel Verschelde at 29/07/11 09:32 did gyre and gimble:
> Le vendredi 29 juillet 2011 10:25:02, Colin Guthrie a écrit :
>> 'Twas brillig, and Samuel Verschelde at 28/07/11 13:11 did gyre and gimble:
> gimble:

>>> Here is a question I got yesterday, which the proposal solves, but that's
>>> not a very common issue and maybe the 0 releases way works with it too :
>>>
>>> If we had imported it before mageia 1 was released, we would have had
>>> cultivation-9-0.20071217.6.mga1 in mageia 1 (a pre-release).
>>>
>>> Then suppose we want to update it to the final 9 release in both cauldron
>>> and mageia 1 : we have cultivation-9-1.mga1 in cauldron. But what
>>> release should we use in updates for mageia 1 ?
>>>
>>> cultivation-9-0.1.mga1 doesn't work because cultivation-9-0.1.mga1 <
>>> cultivation-9-0.20071217.6.mga1
>>>
>>> Is there a way to do it right with a 0 release ?
>>
>> Yeah, I concede that this particular scenario would cause problems :s
>>
>> Fair point, well made :D
>
> Does it mean that you agree with the proposal ? Not that I badly want it to be
> adopted, but I really would like to unlock the current updates in the pipe :)

If it helps speed the process, then sure, I will add my official support
for an amendment to the policy as per misc's original mail (I don't
think my opinion carries that much weight tho'! :p)

mageia(at)colin.guthr.ie

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]