[Mageia-dev] mageia sound task

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jun 9 03:21:19 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Christiaan Welvaart at 09/06/11 00:46 did gyre and
gimble:
> For example instead of adding lines to rc.local a new soundstudio
> initscript can be installed.

As we'll be switching to systemd, an initscript is probably not the way
to go. A systemd unit however would be good :D

> Adding a specific user to groups may not be possible in a package, however.

What do you need to add users to groups for these days? Can jack not use
rtkit to get realtime privs? Or is there other group membership stuff
that is desirable?

mageia(at)colin.guthr.ie

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]