[Mageia-dev] automatic chroot install using urpmi

Bruno Cornec Bruno.Cornec at hp.com
Thu Jun 9 05:47:20 CEST 2011

Vasiliy G Tolstov said on Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 04:26:35PM +0400:

> Thank's for answer. Very well. If i use basesystem-minimal and append
> grub systemd ntpd openssh-server and kernel, does that system can
> boot-up ?

You may want to look at rpmbootstrap, which was working fine for
mdv2010.2 and thus should easily work for mageia 1 as well. (part of
project-builder.org), this tools creates operational chroot for RPM
based distros, similar to debbootstrap and better than rinse or mock ,
as being multi distro (fedora, rhel, opensuse, mdv, mageia, ...)

I use it to create the chroots (VEs) needed by project-builder.org to
build its packages, zhen not using VMs.

HTH,
Bruno.
--