[Mageia-dev] Missing packages in Mageia 1. How to backport? (was: Finalizing update process)

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jun 9 11:14:21 CEST 2011

Hi,

As I upgrade my various machines (I only really have about 5, so not
that many) I'm running into a few packages that are missing (this is
inevitable).

Nothing major just little things like trac and supybot etc.

What is the best way to add these packages to the v1 tree?

Using backports seems a little odd as this is "unsupported" and we don't
really want to encourage using it as a means to get the missing packages.

release is obviously frozen so no go there.

The only real option is updates, but that should obviously have some QA
on it.

Perhaps we need to have some kind of exemption to get these missing
packages added?

Does anyone have any opinions on this?

mageia(at)colin.guthr.ie

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]