[Mageia-dev] KDE Update plan

Balcaen John mikala at mageia.org
Thu Jun 9 12:24:57 CEST 2011

Hello,

I noticed that gnome is moving to the 3.x release,on kde we're going to stick
in the next days with KDE SC 4.6.x until probably RC1 of KDE 4.7 (so by the
end of the month)  :
- upstream might reconsider the tarball creation (currently there's a lot of
splitted tarballs :D ) so it's a way to reduce the packaging work :D
- it's a good way to have more tests for kde as i want to provide (will need
to talk about that with Qa team & Sec team) the KDE SC 4.6.x for mageia 1.
- kdepim should be back in the KDE release
we currently providing kdepim 4.4.x
switching currently to the next kdepim 4.6 immediatly could provides some
files conflicts due to the l10n files ( kdepim 4.6 comes with his own l10n-
files while they should be available again in kde-l10n for KDE SC  4.7)

Regards,

--
Balcaen John
Jabber ID: mikala at jabber.littleboboy.net