[Mageia-dev] Problems with Gnome 3

JA Magallón jamagallon at ono.com
Thu Jun 9 12:52:35 CEST 2011

On Thu, 9 Jun 2011 12:15:12 +0200, Dexter Morgan <dmorganec at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/6/9 JA Magallón <jamagallon at ono.com>:
> > On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 10:49:18 +0100, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
> >
> >> 'Twas brillig, and Wolfgang Bornath at 09/06/11 10:25 did gyre and gimble:

> >> We're on the next cycle now. Quite frankly I'd be stunned (and hugely
> >> disappointed) if we *didn't* have Gnome 3!
> >>
> >> Providing a Gnome2 environment or not is likely the point that need
> >> discussion :D

One other question (that's what pedantic users are for, isn't it ;) ).
Now we have:

gnome-desktop-2.32.1-1.mga1
gnome-desktop3-3.0.2-1.mga2

The old one just contains a bunch of generic icons.
You could post a new gnome-desktop-3.0.x and obsolete both...
As Gnome moves to 3, no suffix is needed. If ever one is, it would be for
gnome2 packages one future day, isn't it ?

TIA

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()ono!com>     \                 Winter is coming...