[Mageia-dev] Missing packages in Mageia 1. How to backport?

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 9 14:22:29 CEST 2011

Dexter Morgan <dmorganec at gmail.com> schrieb am 09.06.2011
<mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
> > I think updates would be the right place.
>
> Please no 3rd repo :)
> But i agree with you for updates for "new" packages ( no "new"
> versions ;) )

I would prefer using updates over backports as well. If we use
backports we would get more problems then benefit (like people not
having backports enabled or people having backports enabled and thus
getting problems they can't handle e.g. with new kernels, graphic
drivers and so on).

Perhaps we could upload them to updates/testing for a really short qa
before moving them to updates/ ?

Oliver