[Mageia-dev] Switching from Cooker to Cauldron?

Dick Gevers dvgevers at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 9 21:35:23 CEST 2011

On Thu, 9 Jun 2011 13:44:25 +0200, Olav Vitters wrote about [Mageia-dev]
Switching from Cooker to Cauldron?:

>Hello,
>
>Now that GNOME3 is being imported to Cauldron, I'd like to switch my
>Mandriva Cooker installation to Cauldron.
>
>However, Cooker has a different rpm for a while and I have that
>installed.
>
>I'm guessing if I attempt to switch to Cauldron, it likely cannot read
>the rpm5 database.
>
>I can only think of a few things:

My experience: not bad, but takes a little effort: tarred everything on the
machine and newly installed Mageia official, upgraded to cauldron and
untarred local machine settings I require. For example shorewall, aliases,
urpmi's skiplist, rkhunter.conf, logrotate specific settings, /usr/local
and anything else privately configured. Merely kept my home and formatted
everything else. I got into the hang of this when half a year ago I upgraded
32 to 64 bits.

HTH
mvg
=Dick Gevers=