[Mageia-dev] glib commit problems

mmodem00 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 22:06:34 CEST 2011

2011/6/9 Christiaan Welvaart <cjw at daneel.dyndns.org>:
> On Thu, 9 Jun 2011, Zé wrote:
>
>> 2011/6/9 Dexter Morgan <dmorganec at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> For what do you need glib ?
>>
>> xmms needs ORbit, that needs glib, and AFAIK these are still
>> maintained apps, and xmms is still a needed buildrequire needed by
>> kdenetwork (its optional but still exists), so i dont understand the
>> hurry to drop these applications.
>
> But what feature does it provide for kdenetwork? You can use e.g. audacious
> (gtk2 version) instead of xmms itself. I don't know how compatible audacious
> is, though.
>

>    Christiaan

kopete/CMakeLists.txt:macro_log_feature(XMMS_FOUND "XMMS" "X
MultiMedia System development libraries" "http://www.xmms.org" FALSE
"" "Used by the Kopete nowlistening plugin to support the XMMS
player.")

But this isnt the main issue, these packages should be provided by
mageia (they are provided by the main linux distros), if the packages
were no longer maintained than i would agree that wouldnt be needed to
put them available in mageia, but thats not the case.

--
Zé