[Mageia-dev] Problems with Gnome 3

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Fri Jun 10 13:20:41 CEST 2011

On 06/10/2011 06:46 AM, Michael Scherer wrote:
> While I have no issue with gnome-shell, I have read enough reports of
> people not happy with it to know we would head to a 2nd kde 4.0 story.
> So maybe we could start to learn from the past and discuss with users to
> explain the update, see why they do not want etc, instead of being
> purely focused on "it is cauldron, let's update everything".
+1

3 is rumored to have a lot of ideological change, and probably the usual
GNOME removal of working stuff that people expect to be there (GDM
config).  It would be very nice to have a tool to switch back and forth
for experimentation, at least a minimal list of things from each release
that can be removed via rpm --nodeps prior to reinstalling the other
release, so that urpmi doesn't try to remove the world to make the change.