[Mageia-dev] get-skype package for submission

Barry Jackson zen25000 at zen.co.uk
Sun Jun 12 01:37:53 CEST 2011

On 11/06/11 18:03, Anssi Hannula wrote:

> OK, here goes :)
>
> - I see you didn't get what I meant with the versionized filelist files.
>    The idea was that if someone updates the package to a new skype
>    version, the rpmbuild process would fail if one didn't touch the
>    filelist files.  With your changes such a failure doesn't happen.
>    You need to use lang-%{version}.txt instead, so that when someone
>    updates %version, it will automatically start failing until the lang
>    list file is updated/moved.

I did follow - just had brain fail when implementing it - sorted now.

> - Best to add a comment in the %post script to remind that any new files
>    need to have a %ghost entry created.
>    (btw: an alternative idea is to create a post-script and the filelist
>     at the same time in a single for loop in %build/%install, so that
>     the lists can never get out of sync as they are created from a single
>     list; however, your current solution is adequate as well)

Note added - keep it simple.

> - Why define %tmpextdir instead of using $newtmp directly? Quite
>    confusing as %variables are defined at build-time while $variables
>    at run-time.

Quite ! - Fixed.

> - You don't check for failures. If the mktemp call fails, you extract
>    the tarball into /root etc.etc.. You need to check for failures on
>    the mktemp/mkdir/cd commands (mktemp failure can be detected by
>    checking if $newtmp string is empty), or alternatively run "set -e"
>    to make the shell exit on failures (this leaves the tmpdir polluted,
>    but it doesn't matter as much as it is an uncommon failure case and
>    /tmp is cleaned periodically anyway).

Added some checks - with clean-up of previously created dirs etc on fail.

> - Dot in Summary.

?? I don't see one.

> - Noarch seems wrong to me.

Pass. I wondered about that.  It uses 32 bit libs in both arch, and
seems to test OK in both, but I am open to suggestions.

Barry