[Mageia-dev] autologin + consolekit

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jun 13 00:45:41 CEST 2011

Hi,

The autologin package is broken due to the fact that it doesn't connect
to consolekit and thus the user who is automatically logged in doesn't
get any permissions etc.

I've fixed this by changing the autologin pam.d definition to include
"login" rather than "system-auth".

login adds the optional session module for pam_ck_connector.

But I'm not sure whether this makes sense, or whether we should just add
the ck_connector to the autologin pam.d definition itself.

There may be other login systems that have similar problems (e.g. the
autologin features of gdm or slim etc) but I've not tested.

Any thoughts.

mageia(at)colin.guthr.ie

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]