[Mageia-dev] Release cycles proposals, and discussion

P. Christeas xrg at linux.gr
Mon Jun 13 12:59:43 CEST 2011

On Monday 13 June 2011, Michael Scherer wrote:

> > What do we have that others don't?
>
> We have the same thing, this is the strength of free software. We
> basically all work together.

Well, what I've always enjoyed about Mandriva (as implemented by some people
of a company called "Edge-IT") was they worked a little different than other
major distros (see. Debian) :
- they would take any latest minor number of upstream projects, based just on
the promise that minor releases were bugfix ones on otherwise stable series.
- lacking the luxury of a huge community and extensive tests, they would
immediately package that and push it to Cooker, at least.

Most of the time, that strategy worked marvelously. We had all the upstream
bugfixes, truly imported with their release number.

--
Say NO to spam and viruses. Stop using Microsoft Windows!