[Mageia-dev] "Job offer" : mentoring program coordinator

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Mon Jun 13 15:12:14 CEST 2011

Le lundi 13 juin 2011 11:20:30, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> Le dimanche 12 juin 2011 à 18:52 -0400, andre999 a écrit :
> > But also mentoring can apply to other things than packaging.  So maybe we
> > should give a broader scope to the mentoring coordinator job ?
> > Including bugteam, QA, as well as packaging.
> > That would make it more useful, as well as more interesting.
> > (I would be very interested in contributing to something like that.)
>
> Given there is no mentoring program for others teams, I do not think
> adding a coordinator is gonna coordinate much.

I would say it with other words : there's no need for a broader scope right
now, and the "job" is explicitly limited to packagers mentoring coordination,
but if this is successful, it can maybe give ideas to other teams in the
future. Then we will have to ask ourselves if an inter-teams mentoring
coordinator is needed or not, but it's too soon now.

Best regards

Samuel Verschelde