[Mageia-dev] update of compiz

Julien mjulien.m at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 14:49:57 CEST 2011

Le Sun, 12 Jun 2011 23:47:01 +0100,
Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> a écrit :

> 'Twas brillig, and Dexter Morgan at 12/06/11 23:16 did gyre and
> gimble:
> > On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 9:39 PM, julien <mjulien.m at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I would like to update compiz to v0.8.8.
> >>
> >> any objection ?
> >>
> >> regards
> >> julien
> >>

> > Hello,
> >
> > fedora uses compiz 0.9.4 do you think we can directly go to this
> > version ?
> >
> > Btw, glad to see someone taking compiz maintainership, congrats.
>
> It would be nice to go to the latest compiz I did update it locally a
> while back to the 0.9 series but it crashed on my system before I got
> a chance to really look into it.
>
> I've still got the packages here, so I could commit them and/or
> publish patches if you could use them as a base?
>
> Col

Hi,

(before continuing, keep in mind that I'm an apprentice since one week,
so please forget me if I seem too presumptuous)

0.9.x series is an unstable series with major modification
between release and some tools (such as the decorator emerald) are not
yet available.

So I would prefer doing it in 2 steps :
 - update current compiz to 0.8.8 (and if possible, backport it to
   mageia 1) and importing emerald
 - when 0.9.x series will be more stable, upgrade to 0.9

WDYT ?

regards
julien