[Mageia-dev] get-skype package for submission

Anssi Hannula anssi.hannula at iki.fi
Mon Jun 13 16:46:46 CEST 2011

On 13.06.2011 17:31, Barry Jackson wrote:
> On 13/06/11 13:24, Anssi Hannula wrote:
>> Note that your "if ! [[ -d %{tmpdir} ]]; then" check is not 100%
>> necessary, as %tmpdir not existing is unlikely and causes no side
>> effects.
>>

> I added that as the dir is created by tar, so if the tarball had the
> wrong content the dir may not be created with the correct name.
> Unlikely as you say.

Yep, but in that case nothing bad happens anyway. A couple of errors
from failing cp and mv commands are printed, but nothing else.

> I have started writing a script to generate the .txt files but can't
> decide whether it should go as far as downloading the source from Skype
> or simply be run on an extracted skype-<version> folder.

It could do both :)
Doesn't really matter, this is all extra anyway.

Note that if you make it download it, you could also implement:
a) make it print md5sum automatically
b) make it print the dependencies automatically
(see e.g. the earlier google earth script which does those IIRC)

But as said, all of this is extra. Maybe the priority should be getting
you a mentor.

> A first draft of this is attached.
> I assume this would ultimately be added as a SOURCE file with notes in
> the package.

Yep.

--
Anssi Hannula