[Mageia-dev] Cross compile x86_64 on i586 for icecream?

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jun 13 17:01:47 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Christiaan Welvaart at 13/06/11 12:24 did gyre and
gimble:
> On Mon, 13 Jun 2011, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>
>> I'm not exactly a guru with icecream but is it possible to build a
>> toolchain that can allow i586 nodes to compile x86_64 code?
>
> If your question is about the toolchain, have you tried simply passing
> -m64 to gcc?

Do you happen to know how to do that magically via icecream (the problem
I'm getting is that the other nodes are simply not doing anything...
perhaps the problem is related to ccache on the node doing the actual
building (the cache being seen as a superior option to the remote
nodes). Or maybe I just don't have all the necessary bits installed on
the other nodes....

mageia(at)colin.guthr.ie

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]