[Mageia-dev] update of compiz

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jun 13 17:04:24 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Balcaen John at 13/06/11 14:39 did gyre and gimble:
> Le lundi 13 juin 2011 09:49:57, Julien a écrit :
> [...]
>>
>> (before continuing, keep in mind that I'm an apprentice since one week,
>> so please forget me if I seem too presumptuous)
>>
>> 0.9.x series is an unstable series with major modification
>> between release and some tools (such as the decorator emerald) are not
>> yet available.
>>
>> So I would prefer doing it in 2 steps :
>>  - update current compiz to 0.8.8 (and if possible, backport it to
>>    mageia 1) and importing emerald
>>  - when 0.9.x series will be more stable, upgrade to 0.9
>>
>> WDYT ?
> It's a good decision as expected from the compiz maintainer :)
>
> Do we have any ETA regarding the 0.9 series ?

Well, AFAIK, Unity in Ubuntu is based on the 0.9 series of compiz.... (I
thought that was pretty much what it was written for?) So in that sense
is *should* be fairly stable..... but that wasn't my expiernce when
testing it, but I didn't spend too long on it.

mageia(at)colin.guthr.ie

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]