[Mageia-dev] Release cycles proposals, and discussion - messages from the forum

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 14 15:07:38 CEST 2011

I've been around when there were no forums, just news groups and
mailing lists. And I have been posting in forums since they were
invented (even in early CompuServe times). What I found out over all
these years:

1. All these reasons which have been posted here and in previous
threads since the beginning of Mageia communication are the very same
reasons (in favor and against both platforms) which have been posted
10 years ago and zillions of times in between - nothing has changed
one little bit on either side.

2. If you handle both platforms right there is no difference at all
between them (except that mailing lists are easier to handle in a
text-only environment, which is quite rare these days)

So, IMHO this discussion is as meaningless as the famous/infamous vi
vs emacs discussions of way back when.

--
wobo