[Mageia-dev] Release cycles proposals, and discussion - messages from the forum

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 21:57:03 CEST 2011

Op dinsdag 14 juni 2011 16:22:42 schreef Lee Forest:
[...]
> Android mail does that by default. But that just proves my other point.
> Half the time these replies complaining about top posting, lazyness, or
> 'netiquette' are being shot back instead of useful respones. In a forum
> this is much less of a problem. Most forums are only setup to send just
> your own reply to the topic, and quoting a specific post instead of the
> default. Less redundancy by design, and we can move past the
> 'netiquette' complaints and focus on the topics more. And in the process
> actually modernize this communication system in a way that moves AWAY
> from mailboxes bombed with redundancy. Don't count on the users to use
> 'netiquette' because its been long proven that 'common sense is not all
> that common', and its by definition 'insane' to expect everyone to use
> it. Because it will always be a problem with some new users who are new
> to mailing lists.

I never visit any of the forums.

the problem with forums is:
 - no textonly, so too much junk like html, colors, fonts and whatnot: this
means emphasis on appearance and not on content.
 - there are more than one forums in all kinds of languages

so you see, there's people who like forums and people who like ML and it's one
of the holy wars like the vi vs emacs one, just like wobo said.

this is completely open, everyone is allowed to say their saying, there are
only a few rules.

i mean, if you _DO_ want to say your opinion, i think it's only normal to make
an effort for it. if you can't make the effort, then perhaps it's not as high
priority to yourself as you would like to believe.

and lastly, i am not fond of your wording choice: "modernizing" ? makes me
feel like an old dinosaur...