[Mageia-dev] Lib policy change needed ?

Dexter Morgan dmorganec at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 10:26:10 CEST 2011

hello

the last BS breakage makes me thing that we should adjust our
packaging policy and add only one lib per lib package.

On our last BS breakage we had as error :

A requested package cannot be installed:
seahorse-2.32.0-2.mga1.x86_64 (due to unsatisfied libgp11.so.0()(64bit))

because libgp11.so.0 was in libgcr0 but disappeared.

if it was on libgp11_0 we would have been able to rebuilde seahorse
against new libgcr-devel and the remove libgp11_0 when not needed
anymore .

WDYT about this new policy ?