[Mageia-dev] Problems with Gnome 3

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 15 10:34:46 CEST 2011

2011/6/15 Dexter Morgan <dmorganec at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 3:02 AM, Wolfgang Bornath
> <molch.b at googlemail.com> wrote:

>>> I have the same situation, and gnome-control-center is installed.
>>
>> Confirmed, same problem.
>>
>> Just switched a Mageia 1 to Cauldron via urpmi, installed task-gnome, no errors.
>> After reboot and selecting Gnome3 the desktop builds nicely but as
>> soon as I start any application after a couple of seconds I get the
>> same error message, pressing "OK" does a restart of the xserver and
>> I'm back at login.
>
> Do you have errors in your .xsession-errors ?

Yes. lots of them! Many things are missing:
 - Theme "Adwaita" can't be loaded, file not found
 - JS ERROR about NetworkManager
 - gnome-session WARNING: Application 'gnome-shell.desktop' failed to
register before timeout
 - failed to play sound: file or data not found
 ... and more

Last section of errors is:
(gnome-shell:5091): Clutter-CRITICAL **: clutter_actor_queue_relayout:
assertion 'CLUTTER_IS_ACTOR (self) failed
Cannot open /dev/input/eventX: permission denied ## this was repeated 15 times

--
wobo