[Mageia-dev] Firefox 5

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 22:32:21 CEST 2011

On 14 June 2011 17:54, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 14:14:02 +0200
> Samuel Verschelde <stormi at laposte.net>
> wrote:
>>
>> Le mardi 14 juin 2011 13:56:29, Dexter Morgan a écrit :
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > do we wait firefox 5 rc or we can start to update to firefox 5 soon ?
>>
>> Mandriva now has several packages for firefox (like for chromium), following
>> the upstream channels, maybe we could envision doing it too ?
>
> As a user, I will download the mozilla.org binaries if I want to
> try/test a non-stable release. Not sure there's any point for Mageia in
> packaging beta versions (except to get feedback for distro-specific
> patches).
>
> Just my 2 cents.
>
> Regards
>
> Antoine.

The whole alpha/beta/rc concept has changed a lot in Firefox upstream:
https://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2011/04/07/new-development-channels-and-repositories-for-rapid-releases/

So, we have to have the Beta versions, so as to work out the niggles
to be ready to push the stable version to stable releases (Mageia 1).

As for Aurora... I don't know I think Beta should be enough, for the
brave souls they can use the upstream binary tarballs, I think

--
Ahmad Samir