[Mageia-dev] Problems with Gnome 3

Thorsten van Lil tvl83 at gmx.de
Thu Jun 16 09:42:19 CEST 2011

Am 16.06.2011 09:27, schrieb Wolfgang Bornath:
> 2011/6/16 Thorsten van Lil<tvl83 at gmx.de>:

>>> Yes, exactly!
>>>

>> Yeah, that's one of the default Gnome backgrounds.
>
> Oops!
> I thought it was an error of the video driver! ( /me hides... )
>
> Will have to look up some documentation about Gnome3 - lots of things
> I know from KDE are missing (the handy little icons in systray, a
> switch for virtual desktops, etc.). For a KDE user this is a very
> alien environment.

I know what you mean. I feel the very same.
* You get the a somelike systray, if you move the mouse to the
bottom-right corner (at least networkmanager and mgaonline is there).
* virtual desktops are now known as "Activities". If a window is already
open, go to the top-left corner (like when you want to open new apps).
There you find on the right an extra panel, which enlarges if you hover
the mouse.

Greetings