[Mageia-dev] Release cycles proposals, and discussion - messages from the forum

lebarhon lebarhon at free.fr
Fri Jun 17 19:39:27 CEST 2011

by *magnus
<https://forums.mageia.org/en/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=82>* »
Jun 17th, '11, 19:26 I think the whole discussion is dominated by
"technical" users.
I, as a simple user, need a stable, secure system where I can use my
applications.

Gnome 2, 3, 4 ??? KDE 4.6, 4. 7, 5.0 ??? What does it matter.
At the office a must use a system called xp, but for our 10.000 girls
and boys it runs stable.
That's it.

I admit, this is a very simple view.
But for me and a lot of users a very important criterion.
I don`t believe this can provide a "rolling release" (in the moment).

So I prefer a a reasonable release cycle with enough time for the
development and the qa.
For example, a new release every nine months brings me the new
developments, not just the latest.
But I can also update my system with a clear conscience and without
great risks.

The technicans can play with cauldron and the latest developments ;-)