[Mageia-dev] Release cycles proposals, and discussion

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 19 12:51:25 CEST 2011

andre999 <andr55 at laposte.net> schrieb am 19.06.2011
> Another thought about the amended freeze process.
> Have you noticed how packagers sometimes set off an exchange of 10
> or more emails in attempts to get a package into the release
> during the freeze ?
> The packager wants to submit, but they can't because cauldron is
> frozen.  Maybe if only pre-release were frozen, but cauldron open,
> they would accept submitting to cauldron after only 1 or 2
> exchanges.  They would have the at least partial satisfaction of
> being able to submit their package (instead of waiting, and doing
> something else, probably elsewhere), and others would have been
> releaved of the hassle of dealing with their repeated requests. I
> think that would be more motivating for the packager in question,
> as well as the others involved. And packagers would avoid wasting
> both time and energy.
I don't know. I think most freeze push requests were due to the fact,
that packagers wanted to have their baby in the release.
Because every packager knows, he only has to wait some days to submit
it to Cauldron again.
So I don't think any packager would be any the happier by this
solution.

I have to agree with misc. It would only mean having more work.

Oliver