[Mageia-dev] KDE/kglobalaccel: won't use XF86Launch6-9 keys

P. Christeas xrg at linux.gr
Mon Jun 20 16:48:41 CEST 2011

Hi, just wanted your hints about a situation that drives me crazy:

I'm using xkb "inet(acer_laptop)" with some modified tables (symbols/inet) so
that my Acer 5720 laptop maps its multimedia keys into useful keysyms.

So far, this had worked long. But, a few days ago, when I restarted xorg into
Mageia 1.0 (had -rcX before), I have this strange phenomenon:

xev does generate events for _XF86Launch6-9_, XF86LaunchA, KDE senses them,
can bind them to accelerators and the mouse cursor responds to them.

But, I can no longer use them to "switch to desktop 1-3". Just as if there is
a particular filter that prevents /these/ keysyms for global accelerators. Or
is there any other hard-coded mapping that prevails?

Dbus, through qdbusviewer, shows all other actions but them.

Is that a bug, is there any other place to look for hints?

I tried also to test with a new user. Didn't work either.

--
Say NO to spam and viruses. Stop using Microsoft Windows!