[Mageia-dev] Firefox 5

David W. Hodgins davidwhodgins at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 23:48:50 CEST 2011

On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 15:52:30 -0400, Ahmad Samir <ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 23 June 2011 07:58, Dexter Morgan <dmorganec at gmail.com> wrote:

>> yes it needs to go to backports_testing before iirc

> Got a link to a thread on -dev ML / irc meeting log / <insert your
> favourite communication method here>, where this was decided?

This mailing list, thread "Release cycles proposals, and discussion",
messageid BANLkTimrPR-=UgQOnfvAkqPft80LNi9seQ at mail.gmail.com

Where Anne posted ...

> exactly what I had in mind. Having backports can allow choice between
> "the last version of" and "the stable version with which I'm happy
> with". But indeed we need more quality in backport rpms that is policy
> and tests.

In order for the qa team to perform the tests, before they go to the
backports repository, they have to go to to the testing repository
first.

Something that works in cauldron may not work when moved to backports,
if a dependency is missed.  By using backports_testing, we can catch
that before it hits the average user.

Regards, Dave Hodgins