[Mageia-dev] Monitoring of new GNOME/upstream releases

Christiaan Welvaart cjw at daneel.dyndns.org
Fri Jun 24 12:26:34 CEST 2011

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011, Olav Vitters wrote:

> Does Mageia monitor upstream releases and how?
>
> This as I noticed that the new Metacity release (2.34.1) is not yet in
> Cauldron.
>
> GNOME has a ftp-release-list mailing list[1]. It sends out notices when new
> modules are released. It has X- headers for easy parsing. Only thing
> that has to be taken into account is that it could take 5min before
> modules can be downloaded (ftp.gnome.org is a mirror, it is not the
> place where releases are done).

We have http://check.mageia.org/updates.html - it's not perfect but what
we currently really lack is a maintainer database. This is needed to know
where update notices should be sent.

I made a list of gnome packages that should probably be updated (to a
3.0.x release). Metacity was not yet on there so I added it:

accerciser
banshee
cheese
epiphany-extensions ?