[Mageia-dev] Proposal of a backporting process

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Fri Jun 24 12:51:27 CEST 2011

> - I am not sure on this part, but basically, we have 2 choices :
>   - the packager take the cauldron package and push to backport testing
>   - the packager move the cauldron package in svn to backport, and there
> send it to backport testing.
copy i believe. IIUC we should branch cauldron into stable relases for that
package, but what happens if the package already exists? I mean
foo 1.0.0 is in stable, a foo 1.1.0 is required and could be backported
into stable branch... we have two foo programs with their own story.

> WDYT ?
I like the second option, but in such a way we should provide upgrades from
a stable with backports, since they follow a good feedback policy before going
to stable.

I understand QA and sysadmins are not overloaded, but there's not so much
difference between updates and backports then...

--
	Angelo