[Mageia-dev] Please test: initscripts+systemd in updates_testing

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Tue Nov 1 18:40:06 CET 2011

On Tuesday 01 November 2011 13:24, Michael Scherer wrote:
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/fedora-devel/msg158642.html

I have one nitpick with point A on that list. :-)=

The developer does not have to consider wether or not to put something in bin and not sbin. In my experience it's the other way around. We have to figure out if the tool is to be used with root priviliges to work properly, and have it installed in sbin instead of bin.
Most software does not require root priviliges to run properly, unlike old versions of Windows, and hence belong in bin, not sbin.

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324