[Mageia-dev] HEADSUP: New initscripts and systemd

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Fri Nov 4 16:28:10 CET 2011

On 11/04/2011 07:01 AM, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> New packages. I don't envisage any problems, but just figured I'd send a
> headsup anyway just in case.
>
> Please note that you'll need both packages for X to not stop about 3
> mins after your login and/or hang your boot. I didn't put in specific
> conflicts etc. as that would have meant a little more care from myself
> with the build system submits and it's a relatively soft requirement.

Well, that explains why I can't boot after updating this morning.  I get
tons of messages about "system cannot allocate temporary file", and it
eventually stalls (but responds to magic keys)

I have initscripts and systemd installed, but when I try to install
systemd-sysvinit it wants to remove sysvinit.

Note that I haven't done anything about systemd one way or the other, so
what's installed is what an install around September/October installed,
plus --auto-select updates since then.

Any ideas ?

TIA