[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release kdenlive-0.8.2-1.mga2

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Wed Nov 9 20:59:24 CET 2011

Le lundi 07 novembre 2011 à 19:39 +0100, Angelo Naselli a écrit :
> In data lunedì 7 novembre 2011 11:49:06, Michael Scherer ha scritto:
> > Then the question is "why did we ship a buggy software in our release".
> > Did no one test the package to let important bug slip ?
> Because shit happens :)

If shit happen, then 151 bugs is IMHO a rather serious diarrhea.

> The point is not why we released, but why not to update it.

My point is "why do we do the work twice".

In case people didn't notice, there was a thread about "there is too
much update". Some stuff are unavoidable, like security updates.

Some others could be avoided. And shipping a update is more costly ( it
involve more people and a more complex process ) than shiping a proper
package in the first place.

So the best way to ensure less updates is to find why we do need to
update in the first place. IE, how could have we prevented it.

And if we were not able to detect regression in the first place, how can
we make sure that the update will fix something ?

--
Michael Scherer