[Mageia-dev] [RFC] prefer dma rather than postfix in prefer.vendor.list for msec mga1 -> mga2 upgrade

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Nov 10 11:09:15 CET 2011

'Twas brillig, and Florian Hubold at 09/11/11 18:38 did gyre and gimble:
> Hi there,
>
> as Anssi made me aware msec currently has a Requires on
> sendmail-command for cauldron, this was the outcome of the
> last discussion about msec / MTA.
> However, currently in /etc/urpmi/prefer.vendor.list postfix
> is preferred as sendmail-command and mail-server.

Personally I vote to change the sendmail-command and mail-server to dma
as stated.

But I also vote to not require sendmail-command for msec.

It's an optional dependency of msec - some people want mail by default
and some don't. My vote is don't. I generally install MTAs anyway for
other reasons, so that's fine.

I totally agree that if a user isn't aware that they should install an
MTA then they are also not aware enough to actually check root account
or add an alias.

Miscs suggestion of "enter an email address for who should get roots
mail" and then install an mta to deliver it is IMO a good compromise for
everyone.

But I'm certainly don't have a massively strong opinion here, so take it
or leave it :D