[Mageia-dev] Debugging boot times

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Nov 10 11:11:27 CET 2011

'Twas brillig, and Thierry Vignaud at 09/11/11 12:01 did gyre and gimble:
> On 9 November 2011 00:48, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
>> If you want to get a nice log of how things work, just install
>> bootchart-daemon and then boot with the kernel command line:
>>
>> init=/sbin/bootchartd
>
> Should be done automatically in %post.
> See memtest86+ for example

Well I thought about this, but memtest86+ adds a totally new entry,
should we do the same here, should it only be done for the current
kernel, how would it handle kernel updates, etc.

At present I'm happy to enable it manually when needed, but if people
want it to be more automatic and appear as a boot entry in grub, then
I'm happy enough to do that.