[Mageia-dev] [info] texlive on mandriva: what not to do ;)

EatDirt dirteat at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 15:00:00 CET 2011

Hi guys,
I still have a computer on mandriva cooker, and they did the split of
texlive in many packages (a long standing discussion on cooker as far as
remember due to the size of texlive).

Now, I don't know if someone there is actually using "texlive", but the
resulting monster is completely unusable. Like, if you want to process a
document, you have to resort to ten of urpmf to find the required files
in independent packages that have names not really related to their
content (and there are literally hundred of them!!). Which means no
chance for normal people to use latex anymore :-/

So, from userland, please let's not do that. I am happy to give my
user's experience if someone would like to split texlive of course!

cheers,
Chris.