[Mageia-dev] Cauldron - real late networking start (eth0)

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Nov 16 15:12:38 CET 2011

'Twas brillig, and Robert M. Riches Jr. at 16/11/11 01:54 did gyre and
gimble:
> I'm not an expert on the topic, but I have seen similar
> symptoms in another distribution, TinyCore.  In that case,
> the cause was a "udevadm settle" in one of the init scripts
> that was blocking network bringup.  If that is the problem,
> the solution depends on whatever is hanging up udev from
> emptying its queue.

FWIW, you can pretty much disable udev-settle.service with systemd. It's
only really needed for some exotic file systems like LVM that really are
not designed sensibly and assume that there exists a point in time when
everything has settled. This is arguably not a good design and most
other similar setups work better.

So you can always try disabling udev-settle.service