[Mageia-dev] HEADSUP: mariadb available for testing

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Nov 18 11:33:12 CET 2011

'Twas brillig, and Maarten Vanraes at 18/11/11 07:38 did gyre and gimble:
> Op vrijdag 18 november 2011 07:51:27 schreef Sam Bailey:

>>> Will attempt to do that later today (Australian EST time).
>>
>> PBXT now works, many thanks.
>>
>> However I've noticed on mysqld start, it errors:
>>
>> /etc/init.d/mysqld: line 338: [: : integer expression expected
>
> Did you try this on a cauldron, or an stable mga1?
>
> I've got this code copied directly from the mysql package, does mysql have
> this problem too?

I'm pretty sure I've seen this problem before... can't remember exactly
what it is but it relates to the path of a utility or a the version file
(for mysql_update script) or something similar.

I don't have this package installed right now (mysql is kinda part of my
day job platform, and while I will definitely investigate mariadb, I'm
not about to jump ship for philosophical reasons just yet (live
environments running CentOS and RHEL will mean using Maria locally is
not necessarily a wonderful idea for me just yet! - although mysql
version differences aren't that clever either and I do that :D)