[Mageia-dev] Abandoned packages in our svn

John Balcaen mikala at mageia.org
Sun Nov 20 03:40:37 CET 2011

2011/11/19 Kamil Rytarowski <n54 at gmx.com>:
> Hello!
>
> I observe that we have hundreds of abandoned packages - once imported - at
> times with changes committed - finally never successfully pushed to Build
> Server.
>
> What to do with them? Will be there an adoption day of these packages?
[...]
It's not because they're are only on svn there's supposed to be abandoned.
Some of them could simply wrongly imported (, some of them are not
working as expected.
For example here i did import bibus but i failed to have it working
correctly with libreoffice so instead of pushing stupidly because it's
building i'm trying  (well not recently since i switched to zotero for
immediate need) to get it integrate correctly with libreoffice.
So it's far *better* to have them on svn then having them on our repo
without maintainer.
We should *first* work on package already available without maintainer.

Regards,

--
Balcaen John
Jabber-id: mikala at jabber.littleboboy.net