[Mageia-dev] perl-ExtUtils-XSpp-0.160.200-2.mga2

Jerome Quelin jquelin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 16:22:30 CET 2011

On 11/11/21 15:47 +0100, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> >no, that's not the correct fix. the correct fix is to just rebuild the
> >package: the installed script will then use the path to the interpreter
> >that was present on the bs, which is the latest one.
> I wouldn't call this a better fix. Hardcoding a specific interpreter
> path is a bit pointless, and force us to rebuild the package foreach
> new perl minor release.

then open a bug report against perl toolchain. :-) makefile.pl /
build.pl are transforming script shebangs to match the path to the perl
interpreter used during dist compilation & install.

in the meantime, what i said is the correct way to fix things.

note that i don't understand why some scripts get installed with
/usr/bin/perl5.14.x shebang, while some other are installed with
/usr/bin/perl... maybe if we force -Dinstallusrbinperl in perl spec
file? i need to try that...

regards,
jérôme