[Mageia-dev] Teamviewer and X86_64 build . . .

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 28 12:31:01 CET 2011

Am Montag, 28. November 2011, 12:09:27 schrieb Kamil Rytarowski:
> On 28.11.2011 11:32, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> > Le 28/11/2011 11:28, Kamil Rytarowski a écrit :
> >> There were a few requests for TeamViewer in my local Mageia site - I
> >> suggest to add it to our repositories (probably as tainted and as a
> >> downloading script).
> >
> > They are better ways to contribute to the distribution than helping
> > 'poor little users' to install crappy proprietary software. Such as
> > writing documentation about dependency management, for instance.
>
> I wouldn't like to follow the OpenBSD way... There is software like
> TrueCrypt, Skype, TeamViewer that many users need. And there is no harm
> to add it to repositories.

Let's not make a rule out of this.
Each and every one of those proprietary tools has to be looked at on its own.
E.g. some years ago there was quite a discussion about TrueCrypt and its
license which led to the exclusion of truecrypt from almost all major distros.
If that license issue isn't solved, I wouldn't change a jota of that decision.

Oliver