[Mageia-dev] Teamviewer and X86_64 build . . .

Pascal Terjan pterjan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 12:17:38 CET 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 11:08, Robert Fox <list at foxconsult.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-11-29 at 11:05 +0100, nicolas vigier wrote:
>> On Tue, 29 Nov 2011, Robert Fox wrote:
>>

>> > If you watch what the "other" major distros are doing related to this
>> > topic - it may give a hint.  I am NOT advocating that we have to be like
>> > them, I believe we need to offer the ability and the choice.
>>
>> Yes, it can give a hint :
>> - fedora does not provide any teamviewer package
>> - opensuse does not provide any teamviewer package
>> - debian does not provide any teamviewer package
>> - ubuntu does not provide any teamviewer package
>>

> Agreed.
>
> I just meant, if the package provided by the proprietary supplier does
> not work - then we should help ensure it does or make our own that works
> for those of us that needs such programs.
>
> Maybe we should have a voting system for our user base - like a wish
> list, and if enough people ask for it - we could consider it?

I don't like such system.
If many people want something, it does not mean that this is a good
idea and that there is not a better way to do it.
People just vote for an idea that someone else wrote that would
workaround their current problem instead of reporting what is really
their problem so that we can fix it.
A place to discuss request is IMHO more useful than a place to vote for them.