[Mageia-dev] grub menu.lst question

Scott Chevalley avalon at osguru.org
Mon Oct 10 17:34:53 CEST 2011

On 10/08/2011 08:59 AM, Frank Griffin wrote:
> On 10/08/2011 04:31 AM, Sander Lepik wrote:
>>
>> On Oct 8, 2011 12:50 AM, "Scott Chevalley" <avalon at osguru.org
>> <mailto:avalon at osguru.org>> wrote:
>> > I just updated and the new kernels (3.0.6) got installed.  I went and looked and
>> > the UUID for the resume/swap partition is that of an old partition I used to
>> > have and is not the current UUID of my swap partition.
>>

>> Maybe Mageia is using both swaps? And because of that just uses the older one
>> in grub?
>>

> Does a swap partition with the old UUID still exist ?  If so, then Sander is right.

No, there's only one swap partition.

I just did a test based on a previous comment about new kernels defaulting to
old swap partitions.  I removed a kernel (in this case kernel-tmb-desktop-3.0.6)
and then reinstalled it and it put the old swap uuid in.  I then went and
removed all references to that old swap in the menu.lst file, uninstalled and
reinstalled the kernel and it picked up the new swap uuid.

Scott