[Mageia-dev] [Bug 1050] unable to read mp3 with KDE-liveCD beta2 : possible solutions

Philippe DIDIER philippedidier at laposte.net
Tue Oct 11 12:28:33 CEST 2011

Oliver Burger a écrit :

> To be honest, what are you doing about those issues you are naming on the 
> lists, besides complaining about them?
> Oliver
Are you talking about my bug reports on Mageia bugzilla ?
I do what I am able to do.

1) I tested beta livecd and wrote bug reports, proposing solution when I
know one

2) I listed and sorted the rpms that are installed on my computer and my
friend's computers.
I listed and sorted the rpms we can find on Mageia1
I extracted from these a list of missing rpms and proposed it as a bug
report :
I have found some problems that a new Mageia user may encounter and that
mageia dev might not know...
(packages needing to be proposed as updates because present in Mandriva
and needed for a smooth upgrade)
I propose sometimes solutions when I have (spec files or patches)

3) I helped as far as I could to switch Mageia cauldron from mesaglut to
freeglut  making
- list (tracker to have a place to coordinate the job) after having
discussed on the dev mailing list for weeks
- individual bug reports (looking for hidden dependencies, I found some)
- I proposed corrections for spec files

Maybe i'm wrong but i thought i was not only bringing sterile complaints

But I can't, for now, neither be a maintainer nor a committer.
I certainly wouldn't maintain all the packages I have written bug
reports for...

More information about the Mageia-dev mailing list