[Mageia-dev] mageia 2 and systemd

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 10:44:58 CEST 2011

Le 13/10/2011 10:08, philippe makowski a écrit :
> 2011/10/13 Thomas Backlund<tmb at mageia.org>:
>> No, it's not mandatory.
>> (but yes we forced it for now on Cauldron to get more systemd testers)
>>
>> For Mageia 2 we will support both initscripts and systemd
>>
> ok
> any howto available ?
no

> where do we put systemd files ?
> is %{_unitdir} the correct place ?
yes

> any doc, scriptlet on how to deal with intscripts removing and systemd
> settings ?
no

> what do we do with %_post_service and %_preun_service ?
Those macros will have to be enhanced to handle new behaviours, without
having to modify packages.

> is there in cauldron a spec that already implemented the move from
> initscripts to systemd ?
Not really "moved from initscripts", rather "with additional systemd
support": apache, openssh, mysql, ntpd... BTW, the easiest way is to
look in fedora git repository:
pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb

--
BOFH excuse #404:

Sysadmin accidentally destroyed pager with a large hammer.