[Mageia-dev] [packages-commits] [155472] added 2.14.2 sources

Jani Välimaa jani.valimaa at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 21:59:21 CEST 2011

2011/10/16 Thomas Spuhler <thomas at btspuhler.com>:
> On Sunday, October 16, 2011 10:55:46 am Jani Välimaa wrote:

>> > I usually remove the old sources after the new sources have been built
>> > successfully.
>>
>> If you decide to do so in the future too, please use SILENT in commit
>> msg as removing/adding sources without it pollutes the %changelog.
>> IMHO there's no need to mention in pkg %changelog when sources are
>> added or deleted.
>
> is there a procedure in the wiki (or somewhere else) explaning  this?
> I upload source packages with mgarepo upload.
> This adds the package to the local sha1.lst file
> The the local sha1.lst change has to be committed to the repo and a log entry
> is requires, isn't it?

Yes, every commit needs a log message to explain what changed. This
commit/log message ends to a pkg %changelog when our BS is building
the pkg. You can prevent all this by "silencing the commit msg". See:
http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Development/Packaging/RepositorySystem#.22SILENT.22_changelog_messages