[Mageia-dev] Proposal for bug statuses and workflow

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 10:26:25 CEST 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 23:30, Samuel Verschelde <stormi at laposte.net> wrote:
> CLOSED replaces RESOLVED, because I think it's nicer for the bug reporter if
> we "close" bugs rather than consider them "resolved" when the reason for
> closing is WONT-FIX, DUPLICATE, OLD, etc., statuses that obviously don't match
> the meaning of "RESOLVED".

RESOLVED does match.

Beware, this is a known "false friend" in English/French (although it
is used in a equivalent meaning as in "Je suis résolu à" or "J'ai pris
la ferme résolution de"). To resolve is to decide firmly, not to solve
(well, as well, but in a later meaning).

If the RESOLVED status in Bugzilla had been understood as "SOLVED",
then RESOLVED - FIXED would be a pleonasm.

Romain